A family friendly freezer meal that even the pickiest of eaters will ask for seconds of. Cavatini Supreme is a kid approved dinner that will serve a crowd and is perfect to freeze or double up…
Cavatini Supreme Family Freezer Meal
Cavatini Supreme is a family-friendly meal that even the pickiest of eaters will ask for seconds of. This kid approved dinner will serve a crowd and is perfect to freeze or double… and I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a “sub-par” cook. I can’t do complicated. I often make a huge mess. And my top goal is to feed my family something everything will at least tolerate, but ideally all enjoy. My neighbor and friend, Jess, made this meal for us and it has become a staple for our family ever since– a total crowd pleaser.
She dropped off this family freezer meal right on our doorstep after we had our last baby, and I think it took me about 30 seconds after my first bite to text her asking for the recipe. It’s a meal my family loves as a weekly dinner. And it’s morphed into a meal that is my go-to to drop off for any new mom meal trains. The first recipe that comes to mind for care packages or the first recipe I recommend when a friend is in one of those “dinner ruts” that we all get in. Save this one, share it, and send a mental “thank you, Jess!” right along with me.
Print the Recipe Below
Jess' Cavatini Supreme
Cavatini Supreme is a family-friendly crowdpleaser. Measure the cheese with your heart and always make extra!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 15oz Ragu Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 15oz Ragu Pizza Quick sauce
- 1/2 cup Barillaus rotini noodles
- 1/2 cup Barillaus shell noodles
- 1/2 cup Barillaus elbow macaroni noodles
- 2-4 cup (lets face it in Wisconsin its 4) Crystal Farm Cheese Shredded Mozzarella & Cheddar
- * before cooking, decide if you are making right away or freezing. (OR ONE OF EACH!) If cooking, preheat oven to 350°
- brown ground beef and drain
- add brown sugar and sauces
- in a separate pan, boil noodles and macaroni
- drain and mix into meat mixture with 1-2 cups mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- pour into 9×13 pan and top with 1-2 cups mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- IF BAKING – put in over for 20 minutes
- IF FREEZING – cover with tinfoil and freeze
- IF REHEATING – uncover and bake at 350 for 55 minutes or until heated through.