This post is sponsored and paid by Al Fresco, but as always: the ideas, thoughts, and opinions are that of my own! #AD
In the summer, we love to #Grillalfresco, but the standard burger and hotdog grill-athon can get old quickly. While we all have different favorite foods as a large family, one thing we can always get on board with is a summer pasta dish. This sauce is mild, kid-friendly, and compliments our favorite Al Fresco Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Sausage *perfectly*. Best of all, it requires ingredients that we usually have on hand and doesn’t take longer than a half hour to cook!
Summertime Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Serves 6-8, cooks in 30 minutes
1 package of penne or bowtie pasta
1 package (4 pc) of Al Fresco Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Sausage
Fresh Basil to garnish
For the sauce:
2 tbsp butter
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 tbsp flour
1 c chicken broth
1/2 c heavy/whipping cream
~10-12 sun dried tomato halves in oil, drained
1/3 c grated parmesan
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1. Start grill and cook pasta according to directions.
2. Once pasta has begun cooking, put Al Fresco Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Sausage on grill to cook.
3. Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add flour and stir until lightly browned and completely mixed. Add chicken broth and mix until incorporated.
4. Add in sun dried tomatoes, heavy cream, shredded parmesan, and spices and mix.
5. Combine all dishes: the pasta, chicken sausage, and sauce into one large pan and stir gently.
6. Garnish with freshly chopped basil and serve!