The other day I was looking for a more homemade, gourmet tasting Mac N’ Cheese compared to the usual Kraft we keep on hand, and I searched for options that would be super quick versus spending all of precious naptime making a rue. This was such a success, it needed to blogged about!
It’s only 5 steps, and seriously takes less time than the boxed version- with the homemade feel and love of an oven baked Mac N’ Cheese. Being in Wisconsin, we keep a ton of variety of cheeses in our fridge. If you only have cheddar, this recipe works just as well with just cheddar. I will advise that shredding cheese off of the block melts much smoother than the pre-packaged shredded cheeses, so if you can swing shredding your own, do it!
Speedy Sour Cream Mac N' Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Butter Kase Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Cook the pasta until al dente
- Drain pasta, and add back into the pot
- Add in the shredded cheese and mix until melty
- Add in a few scoopfuls of sour cream and continue mixing
- Top off with shredded parmesan cheese
Speedy Sour Cream Mac N’ Cheese
Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
Butter Kase Cheese (shredded)
Shredded Parmesan to top
1. Cook the pasta until al dente
2. Drain pasta, and add back into the pot
3. Add in the shredded cheese and mix until melty
4. Add in a few scoopfuls of sour cream and continue mixing
5. Top off with shredded parmesan cheese
*If you don’t have Butter Kase cheese on hand, using just Cheddar is fine
**After a few times of making this, you’ll find your perfect balance of cheese and cream, and if you need to adjust the flavor it will easily adjust afterward!